Sony have today released a PlayStation 5 Beta version 7.00, which brings several new features including the long-awaited Discord voice chat, game library enhancements and variable refresh rate support for 1440p resolution.
PlayStation 5 beta participants can now use Discord voice chat on their consoles, thanks to the latest update 7.00, which also added a wide variety of other improvements to the system.
As part of Discord implementation, players can now join Discord voice chat , let their Discord friends see when they are online and playing, start or request a screen share from friend's profile and more. It's a full slate of features as promised by Sony before.
Additionally, the beta brings support for variable refresh rate support for 1440p resolution. This means you can now have an overall smoother visual performance if you have a VRR-compatible HDMI 2.1 display at 1440p resolution in games that support VRR.
Read on below for a full breakdown of PlayStation 5 7.00 version beta features.
PlayStation 5 Beta version 7.00 features
- Discord Voice Chat
- Discord Screen Share
- New "Join Game" Icon in Party Chats
- New "Friends Who Play" Tile
- Manually Upload Game Captures to PlayStation App
- Variable Refresh Rate support for 1440p resolution
- Game Library Enhancements
- PS5 to PS5 Data Transfer
- PS4 to PS5 Saved Data Migration
- Game Capture Using Voice Command
You can check PlayStation Blog for the details on these new additions.
As you can see, that's a lot of significant new quality-of-life improvements and new features for PlayStation 5. We're happy to see that Sony will soon allow us to choose which screenshots or videos we want to upload instead of uploading all of them to the PS app.
Also, save data migration is another neat addition as well as voice commands for game capture.
Sony said that some of these features might not make it into the final version of the update and it's also possible that some get changed as devs receive feedback from players. The update is expected to launch globally in the coming months, but there is no specific release date.
- Cyberpunk 2077 PC update adds DLSS 3 and Nvidia Reflex
- Resident Evil 4 Remake won't have QTEs; new enemies, weapon upgrades and side quests confirmed
- Ubisoft announces The Crew Motorfest, early access imminent
- Ubisoft stock nosedives 78 per cent over the last two years
- Five actors who could play Kratos in Amazon's God of War series