Developer Avalanche have finally added Arachnophobia Mode to Hogwarts Legacy, allowing players to change the appearance of all spiders in the game.
Arachnophobia Mode has been a highly-requested feature by Hogwarts Legacy fans and today, developers finally delivered. The latest patch for Warner Bros' Harry Potter action-adventure includes a full-fledged option in the game's settings that allows players to completely change the appearance of those nasty-looking creatures in the Forbidden Forest and elsewhere in the Wizarding World.
The full patch notes include all the details , but basically, the option reduces and removes spider skitters and screeches, makes spider corpses in the world invisible and removes small spider ground effects.
So yeah, a full package for all of you who really can't stand creepy-looking arachnids while you explore the Wizarding World.
Hogwarts Legacy Arachnophobia Mode details:
- Changes all enemy spider appearances
- Reduces and removes spider skitters and screeches
- Removes small spider ground effect spawners
- Makes static spider corpses in the world invisible
- Collision is still active to prevent players from getting stuck when toggling this setting
Keep in mind that spider images in the Field Guide will remain unchanged.
You may recall that Hogwarts Legacy players on PC were able to remove spiders thanks to a mod, which turned spiders into boxes. You can read more about that here.
Anyway, the latest patch also brings over 500 bug fixes and other improvements so Hogwarts Legacy should be a much more enjoyable experience after you install this update.
Hogwarts Legacy is today also out on last-gen consoles PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Pearl Abyss are preparing for Crimson Desert release
- We'll let you know if Starfield doesn't have 60 FPS, says Phil Spencer
- Phil Spencer namedrops Avowed and Hellblade 2 among Xbox's upcoming titles
- Chrono Odyssey is a stunning next-gen MMORPG for PC and consoles; here is the first gameplay
- Redfall review