Here is the full list of every magical animal you can save in Hogwarts Legacy including Hippogriffin, Unicorn and more.
We're continuing with our series of guides for Warner Bros. Games' newly released action RPG Hogwarts Legacy , now available on platforms such as PC , PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S . Today, we have a full list of all magical animals that you can find across The Wizarding World.
Freeing magical animals in the wild means you can add them to your Room of Requirements and in return for some grooming and feeding, animals will give you rare ingredients needed for your potions and gear upgrades.
So, without further ado, let's delve into details on how to find magical animals and see how many of them are there in the wild.
Hogwarts Legacy magical animals list
There is a total of 13 magical animals in Hogwarts Legacy. Here is the list.
- Diriclaw (Plump, fluffy birds)
- Fwooper (Colourful bird)
- Giant Purple Toad (Has poison needed for potions)
- Graphorn (Large beats you can mount)
- Hippogriff (Stunning flying beast that you can mount)
- Jobberknoll (Small speckled bluebird)
- Kneazle (Cute cat-like beasts)
- Mooncalf (small, calf-like beast)
- Niffler (Small, furry beast)
- Phoenix (Elegant, rare bird)
- Puffskein (Round and fluffy beasts)
- Thestral (Winged beast that you can mount)
- Unicorn (We all know what a Unicorn is?)
Where to find magical beasts in Hogwarts Legacy?
Magical beasts are scattered all over The Wizarding World and you can find most of them simply by exploring the world. Finding beasts is not hard at all since Magical Animals' dens are marked on your map with a paw icon, as you can see in the image below.
However, you won't be able to find every single animal simply by exploring the world. Some animals, like Thestral and Phoenix, are locked behind the story and side quests, respectively, so won't be able to get them until you get to a certain point in the story.
How to capture animals in Hogwarts Legacy?
You won't be capturing animals since according to the game, you're rescuing them from poachers. To rescue animals, you'll need a Nab-Sack item, which you'll get as a reward for completing Deek's story quest "The Elf, The Nab-Sack and The Loom".
Once you have the nab-sack and find a magical animal den, we recommend you turn yourself invisible, use slow-down magic on animals and then rescue them with a Nab-Sack. It's fairly easy if you do it correctly and no animal will manage to escape.
So there you have it, folks, that's how you find and rescue animals in Hogwarts Legacy. We hope this guide helped you understand a bit more about magical animals.
- Hogwarts Legacy Review - A Love letter to Harry Potter fans
- Hogwarts Legacy - List of all spells and curses in the game
- Hogwarts Legacy potions - How to brew potions and where to get potion recipes and ingredients?
- Hogwarts Legacy: How to unlock the eye chests?
- Hogwarts Legacy - How to change the time of day?