EA have revealed everything that is coming to Battlefield 2042 in Season 3 named Escalation, which is launching on November 22, 2022.
Battlefield 2042 is getting Season 3 named Escalation on November 22, 2022, and today, DICE and EA have dropped the official trailer for the new update, detailing everything that will be available to all players on launch.
Season 3 brings a new map set in Sweden and the fans seem to already love its narrow and linear layout of it. Additionally, the update also introduces a new Specialist called Zain, who is described as a "security expert, adept at flushing foes out of cover".
And the last big addition is the futuristic tank EMKV90-TOR, which comes with two modes - Mobility Mode, emphasizing swiftness, and Siege Mode, which slows the tank down to a crawl, but allows it to deal immense damage.
Read on full a full breakdown of everything that is coming to Battlefield 2042 in Season 3 as well as free-to-play dates.
Battlefield 2042 Season 3 Escalation content
- New Map: Spearhead
- New Specialist: Zain (Egyptian, features XM370A Airburst Rifle)
- New Weapons: Rorsch Mk-4 Railgun, NVK-S22 Smart Shotgun, NVK-P125 Bullpup Pistol, Throwing Knives
- New Vehicle: EMKV90-TOR Tank
Battlefield 2042 will be free to play on the following dates:
- Xbox: Free Play Days, December 1-4
- Steam: Free Weekend, December 1-5
- PlayStation: Free Access, December 16-23
And of course, as with each new season, there's a new Battle Pass, assignments that offer more Vault Weapons like XM8 and A-90. DICE also promised more weapons later in Season 3.
As for the reworks and improvements to the existing content, DICE say Specialist rework is coming in Season 3 that will move to the class-based system and a set of balance adjustments, as well as reworkings of the Manifest and Breakaway launch maps.
- EA are working on improving Frostbite engine for future Battlefield games
- The Finals is a spectacular new shooter from ex-Battlefield devs
- Evil West developer says Series S is not holding them back: "It's an excellent market product"
- Fallout New Vegas director Josh Sawyer says he could see himself working on Fallout again