The Valorant's competitive team is delivering the Alpha version of this feature into the hands of an initial group of players—called Premier. The aim is to gather a smaller group of players that will allow them to test and develop faster.
Even though Riot Games' developers have been working on this for some time now, they still have some parts that need work. In its current state, Premier is about 60% of all the planned features and functionally, but there are whole features that are absent in the current Alpha.
In Valorant Premier, you will be able to create or join a team of five friends, acquaintances, and neighbours and battle for glory against teams of a similar skill level. After building a roster, your team will be placed in a division where you’ll play across a persistent season composed of a mix of weekly matches and tournaments.
Each season will last a few weeks, and if you play your sweatiest, your team may qualify for the end-of-season tournament to battle for the title of Division Champion.
Next week, players in Brazil will hop into our first broader test of Premier. They’ll take the first steps in testing a few key features:
- Team creation (with team logos and colours)
- Server load
- Tournament play (including a map pick-and-ban system)
- Premier Score (and qualifying for the end-of-season tournament)
- Matchmaking and queue health throughout the Alpha
- General bugs
This core initial group of testers will tell us what they love, what could be better, and what features they hope to see in the future. Developers will carefully analyze the feedback to make sure that they can make the best team competitive system possible.
The rest of the world will wait, but they need some time to get this right. Stay tuned to official VALORANT channels for more news some time after the end of the Premier Alpha.
- League of Legends - Riot Ask For Player Help to Resolve FPS Issue
- Loldle Quote of the Day Solution October 26 - Never One Without The Other
- Miss Fortune, Bel'Veth, and Blitzcrank are set to receive nerfs on League of Legends Patch 12.21
Silent Hill fans are discovering mysterious messages in the Silent Hill Townfall trailer audio
- The Callisto Protocol goes gold, delays highly unlikely