Faker is going nowhere! After rumours about joining the North American League of Legends, Faker denied it by signing a new deal with his team. Faker will play for T1 for another 3 years.
Faker has been a member of T1 since 2013, while it was still known as SK Telecom T1. That year, he won his first Worlds championship and began to establish himself as one of the game's finest players, dubbed "The Unkillable Demon King."
The announcement puts an end to uncertainty regarding Faker's future, following rumours that he was contemplating possibilities in other areas, including the LCS . Team Liquid and FlyQuest were apparently among the clubs interested in signing the Korean mid-laner.
He would go on to win two more League of Legends Worlds championships in 2015 and 2016, as well as MSI trophies in 2016 and 2017.
T1 has announced that the coaching trio of Kim 'Sky' Ha-neul, Kim 'Roach' Kang-hui, and Im 'Tom' Jae-hyeon will join the squad for the 2023 season. They'll be working with head coach Bae 'Bengi' Seong-woong, who was elevated to the main team at the end of 2021.
This is the current T1 roster for season 2023:
- Top: Choi ‘Zeus’ Woo-je
- Jungle: Moon ‘Oner’ Hyeon-joon
- Mid: Lee ‘Faker’ Sang-hyeok
- ADC: Lee ‘Gumayusi’ Min-hyeong
- Support: Ryu ‘Keria’ Min-seok
After losing the Worlds final to DRX in a five-game thriller, Faker and T1 will try to reclaim the global crown in 2023. Domestically, they will face heavy competition from teams like as DAMWON Gaming, who just added Kim 'Deft' Hyuk-kyu from DRX, and Hanwha Life Esports which formed a superteam!
This will be a very challenging season for team T1, but they have a lot of experience and mechanically great players, so they will surely be up there fighting for the trophy!
- Starship Troopers: Extermination is a co-op shooter by Squad developer coming in 2023
- League of Legends Winterblessed skins officially revealed
- Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 - How to level up any weapon fast
- Sony say Microsoft only offered to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation until 2027
- The Callisto Protocol PC system requirements are not too scary