The Switch is selling very well and this is now confirmed with the latest financial report that they kicked out of Nintendo, which states that as many as 68.30 million Switch consoles have been sold worldwide.
Nintendo Switch is selling like hotcakes and thanks to Nintendo's earnings report, we now can have a more detailed look at the worldwide sales for Switch console and Switch games.
With 68.3 million units sold from 2017 to September 30, 2020, Nintendo Switch has officially outsold the first international console released by Nintendo, the popular NES (61.91 million).
Nintendo Switch previously surpassed Wii U (13.56 million), GameCube (21.74 million), Nintendo 64 (32.93 million), and SNES (49.10 million) and it's on a good path to skip the 3DS as well, which is currently at 75.94 million.
In comparison with other current-gen consoles, Switch sits comfortably between the Xbox One (48 million) and PlayStation 4 (113 million units sold).
More than 456 million Switch games have been sold worldwide. In Nintendo's financial report the best-selling first-party Switch titles are:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 28.99 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 26.04 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 21.10 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 19.74 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 19.02 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 18.99 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 12.49 million
- Super Mario Party – 12.10 million
- Splatoon 2 – 11.27 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 8.32 million
Nintendo also announced additional sales numbers:
- Ring Fit Adventure – 5.84 million
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars – 5.21 million (released September 18)
- Paper Mario: The Origami King – 2.82 million (released July 17)
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 1.81 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 7.83 million
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition – 1.40 million