Spooktober is upon us and the devs at Iron Gate have decided to celebrate by adding a Jack-o-turnip to Valheim - on top of other small tweaks bundled up in the latest hotfix.
Although it feels like Valheim has been around for ages now, only 244 days have passed on Midgard. During this time, Valheim has enjoyed multiple updates, the biggest one, of course, being the Hearth and Home extravaganza that introduced a bunch more different options to the survival romp. One can't help feeling that the small dev team had a blast creating the latest update that brought new types of food and tweaked the effects sustenance has on the players.
The devs have more adjustments in their mind and on the agenda as they have deployed a small hotfix with adjustments intended to make everything feel a bit more balanced. They played around with some food stats and lowered the cost of stamina per melee weapon use. A couple of brave developers also trained Fulings in some new battle tactics. Another group talked about sleep hygiene with the monsters that usually spawn at night. Last but not least, The October hotfix brought the option to craft a Jack-o-turnip.
Hotfix 0.203.10 notes
- Oven and cooking station drop food items when destroyed.
- Gamepad sensitivity save fix.
- Acorn & Birch seed drop rate increased.
- Onion seed icon tweak.
- Player number difficulty scale tweaks.
- Removed comfort from Crystal wall.
- Atgeir, Blackmetal axe, Bronze spear tweaks.
- Lower melee weapon stamina drain.
- Knives have more durability.
- Tweaked some food stats based on the effort to craft (blood pudding, boar jerky, bread, deer stew, mincemeat sauce, wolf jerky).
- Night-spawning monsters despawn faster in the morning.
- Parry ranged attacks staggers caster again (illogical but fun).
- Fuling AI tweaks (Spreads out & circles more).
- Longer Lox attack cooldowns.
- Frost damage slowdown fix.
- Shield tutorial trigger fix for wood shields.
- Wood log 26° & 45° stability fix.
- Jack-o-turnip enabled.
- Torch + weapon jog animation fix.