Hitman fans will probably be happy to hear that the purchasing of the games in their favourite franchise will not be that much of a nightmare anymore.
Agent 47's recent adventures have seen a lot of praise but whenever a Hitman game would be mentioned, both it and IOI Interactive would also get critique for the always-online shenanigans and the confusing way of purchasing various entries in the series.
That will all be a thing of the past when January 26, 2023, rolls around and Hitman 3 becomes Hitman: World of Assassination.
When this change happens, the content from both Hitman 1 and 2 will become available through the same game.
Owners of Hitman 3 will gain all the aforementioned content free of charge, which is great for the players who didn't own it beforehand but might cause a few sour faces among those who bought the first two entries.
The best part is probably that you will no longer have to bother with various editions of each game, tracking what parts of them you own or having to redeem Legacy packs in order to import locations - it will all now be part of one same package.
When the changes go through, the two available purchase options will include:
- Hitman: World of Assassination, standing at around $70
- Includes Hitman GOTY Access Pass, Hitman 2 Standard Access Pass and Hitman 3
- Hitman: World of Assassination Deluxe Pack, with the cost of $30
- Hitman 2 Expansion Access Pass, Hitman 3 Seven Deadly Sins Collection and Hitman 3 Deluxe Pack
What this essentially means for new players is that the first, more expensive, option will give them the base game while the second one is a Deluxe upgrade.
One thing that will probably not be liked by many is that Hitman is the most recent in a line of franchises that are pushing for a $70 base price.
Team Fortress 2 gets an esports event in 2023
Destiny 2 subscription leak was a hoax
- God of War Ragnarök player beats The Valkyrie Queen Gna in just thirteen seconds
- New details about Resident Evil 4 Remake will be revealed this month
- Battlestate Games Twitchban incident resurfaces prior to Twitch Drop event