As you can see from the picture, It's Christmas time in Halo-land too, with Microsoft and 343 Industries announcing a bunch of goodies for the holidays, like the double-XP period for Halo 5 and The Master Chief Collection across all platforms and some Halo Infinite info.
The festive double XP period for the Master Chief Collection will last for the remainder of 2019 and there's also the chance to unwrap the Ugly Sweater nameplate. If you're looking to add the nameplate to your collection, you must do the following before 6 January.
- Complete (without quitting) 10 matchmaking (Multiplayer and/or Firefight) matches on snowy maps
- Beat the par score on any two snowy campaign missions
Discussing Halo: The Master Chief Collection's PC and Xbox One editions, 343 said the arrival of Noble Team has kicked off the process of delivering the rest of the package to Steam and Microsoft Store, which should be done and dusted in 2020.
There are a bunch of incoming fixes to Halo: Reach, the dev listed a ton of issues they're still working on and are encouraging players to send as much feedback as possible.
"We are currently in a pre-alpha phase and have been making good progress against many of the same features you see in Reach today", they said and provided some WIP features as:
- M&K Support
- FOV Support
- Aspect Ratio Support
- Customization: We are already integrating a 3D model with live color adjustments for HCE and are investigating what more can be done.
- HUD Upres
- VFR Support
- Input Latency Reduction
- PC Optimizations
As for Halo Infinite, there hasn't been that much info on the game other than cryptic trailers, but 343 provided a neat little summary that we'll post in full:
Release date: Holiday 2020
- Platforms: Xbox Series X (formerly known as Project Scarlett), the entire Xbox One family of devices, and Windows PCs
- In Universe Timing: It follows the Master Chief's story some time after Halo 5: Guardians' conclusion
- Flighting Programs: These opt-in flights will start small and slowly expand out until release, so sign up for the Halo Insider program!
- Pro Team: We've assembled an internal Pro Team for Halo Infinite
- Splitscreen: Splitscreen is up and running internally
- LAN: Halo Infinite will support LAN
- Back in Black: Black Undersuits will be in the game
- Player Customization: If you liked the level of armor customization options in Halo: Reach, you will be pleased
- SR 152: Players who hit SR 152 in Halo 5: Guardians will receive a token of appreciation in Halo Infinite
- Forge: Our famous editing tool will be in Halo Infinite and will have Undo & Redo buttons, which is a first for Forge.