The community has a rough idea as to when the new wipe can happen, some think sooner, others later. Will the developers surprise the community with an additional gift along with Patch 13, or will the players have to wait a bit longer?
Escape from Tarkov is set to get a lot of new content in the upcoming month. The new chapter of the Chronicles of Ryzhy is out and with a new boss and a new quest , the game will also get a fresh wipe.
The lead developer of Escape from Tarkov, Nikita Buyanov, has confirmed on Twitter that "the wipe is near" and the community was quick to start investigating when exactly that will happen.
Many are speculating that the wipe could happen on New Year, December 31, due to previous experiences and wipe dates but others are hoping for December 24, making the wipe a nice Christmas gift from Nikita to the community.
The third speculation is December 13 due to this being the day of the drop of Patch 13. The previous December wipe happened on December 12 2021, the same day Patch 12 was released.
The final speculation that is not necessarily tied to dates but the overall length of the period between wipes sets the new wipe to occur on December 28 (roughly 6 months or 183 days after the last wipe).
So what even are wipes and why does the community love them so much? Wipes occur every few months and they remove all of the gear that the players have collected over time.
The last wipe took place on June 26 and every new wipe gives the players motivation to grind for all of the best gear and gain a competitive edge over their enemies.
- Valorant - NIghtmarket release date and all upcoming events
- Riot introduces a new game mode in Valorant called Swiftplay
- Valorant - Everything that is coming with Patch 5.12
- Escape from Tarkov - New boss Zryachiy aka "Antlerman" confirmed
- The Devil in Me - Where to find all of Du'Met's business cards
- Rainbow Six Siege - How to fix friend invites not working
- The Devil in Me - All 13 picture locations