Thanks to a major leak from Call of Duty YouTuber TheXclusiveAce, we have a ton of unconfirmed details about the next instalment in the popular shooter series.
The wait for Call of Duty 2020 reveal is now officially the longest Activision has gone into a year before announcing the next game. Rumour has it the publisher delayed the game internally since it is not in the best shape but according to the latest leak from YouTuber TheXclusiveAce Call of Duty 2020 is actually in good state with a fully playable campaign.
The YouTuber also reveals that Zombies mode is returning while Warzone is receiving a brand new map set in Russia. Most of the map is covered in snow but also has locations named Mines, Chemical Lab, Weather Station, Ski Slopes, Duga and Battery.
Furthermore, the map has a large lake in the middle, which was previously leaked by TheGamingRevolution. The map is apparently more open than Verdansk but also a bit smaller.
As for standard multiplayer, the YouTuber described some of the maps that will be available on launch. Here's the breakdown:
- One map is a very small boat in the Black Sea
- Another map called "Mall", quite a complex map
- Third map is called "Satellite", set in the middle of a desert, very open with some small cave sections. Gave some Afghan (MW2 map) vibes
- Fourth map is called "Tank", the map from the previous video leak. Smaller, mid-sized three-lane map, seems to be designed for competitive
- Fifth map is called "Tundra"
- The sixth map is called "KGB", very small, about the size of Modern Warfare's Shoothouse
By the looks of it, Black Ops will not include several improvements that Infinity Ward introduced with Modern Warfare. At the moment, Gunsmith is not available, there is no mounting and leaning, no tactical sprint and the maps also don't have interactable doors. However, swimming is back so expect a lot of water on multiplayer maps.
It's worth mentioning that TheXclusiveAce video has been set to private after Activision reportedly asked the YouTuber to remove the content. However, you can find most of the details from the video here.