Knight Bernahl is one of the minor NPCs in Elden Ring but still has an interesting questline that will reward you with superb armour set when completed.
Knight Bernahl's quest is jam-packed with awesome gear and weapons so we definitely recommend that you try and complete this one. You may have to beat a couple of very tough foes as you progress the questline but trust us, it will be worth in the end once you get your hands on all that sweet loot.
So, without further ado, let's get this guide started.
Where to find Knight Bernahl?
You'll find Knight Bernahl very early in one of the game's starting areas. He is in the Warmaster's Shack in Stormhill. Here is the map, in case you're having a hard time finding the location.
How to complete Knight Bernahl's questline?
- First, you have to meet the guy at Warmaster's Shack, as we've already mentioned.
- Then, go to Volcano Manor, meet Tanith (the head of Manor) and join the Volcano Manor family.
- Bernahl will then move to Volcano Manor and there, you'll find him under the name Recusant Bernahl.
- Upon finding Bernahl there, he'll tell you that you chose the wrong path that will only lead to a miserable death.
- You can then pick up some assassination contracts at the Manor.
- The first assassination target is Istvan. He can be found in Stormhill (map below).
- Once you kill Istvan, go back to Manor, get your reward from Tanith and pick up another contract in the Drawing Room.
- Talk to Bernahl again, and leave for your next target which is Rileigh.
- He can be found in the Western Atlus Plateau, at the border with Mt Gelmir (map below).
- Beath Rileigh and return to Volcano Manor, talk to Tanith, get the reward and the Red letter.
- Talk to Bernahl and he will give you another letter.
- Go to Mountaintop of the Giants, where you'll fight your next target - Juno Hoslow, Knight of Blood (map below).
- You can then help Bernahl invade and kill the duo of Vargram the Raging Wolf and Errant Sorcerer Wilhelm.
- They can be found in Leyndell, the Royal Capital. Here is the location:
- Once you beat them, go back to Volcano Manor and talk to Bernahl who will give you a reward from Tanith.
- Then go and talk to Tanith to "See the Lord".
- She will send you to a boss fight area.
- Beat the God-devouring Serpent and Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy.
- Return to Volcano Manor and talk to Bernahl again.
- You can then go to Crumbling Farum Azula where Bernahl will invade you as you get close to the eastern lone tower.
- To reach the tower, start at the Beside the Great Bridge point of grace, head up the stairs then make a left and head down towards the temple.
- Once you're into the temple, head straight and you'll notice a door on the right and a ladder as you exit the door.
- You should see the tower from this point with a chest and Berhaghl will soon invade you.
So there you have it. We got some pretty cool gear during this one, right? If you enjoyed our guide, you can find more Elden Ring content on our Elden Ring page.