PUBG Corp. revealed the biggest changes and additions that will arrive to their battle royale PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds in Season 5. The update brings Miramar map rebalance, throwable melee weapons and gear and a lot more.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds developer PUBG Corp. have shared a new blog post, where they've detailed everything that is coming in the game's next season. Traditionally, new seasons bring a ton of new content and this time it's no different.
Once Season 05 officially drops, players will be able to restock their backpacks with a new type of loot stations, throw items such as bandages and energy drinks to their teammates and throw melee items at their enemies, which is a brand new way to get that tasty chicken dinner.
Another big addition is the Miramar map rework which brings improved item spawn balance and new objects and locations to the desert. Here's the breakdown of the new Miramar changes:
- A LA Muerte Vamos Track
- A race track has been added, which was the venue for A La Muerte Vamos in Miramar.
- You can now find newly added objects like ramps, loops, jumps and signboards across Miramar
- New Gold Mirado
- A Gold Mirado has been added to Miramar, which can only be found parked at the garage in Hacienda del Patron.
- Some terrain in Hacienda del Patron has been adjusted to let you ride the Gold Mirado out safely.
- Only one Gold Mirado spawns each match.
- Spring-cleaned Miramar
- Removed some small objects and trash in and around buildings to reduce clutter and make movement easier when looting.
- The spawn rates of weapons and scopes effective at long-range have been increased to better suit the long-range engagements commonly had across Miramar.
- AR – 12 per cent increase
- DMR – 29 per cent increase
- SR – 42 per cent increase
- Win94 – per cent increase
- Scopes – per cent increase
- Pistol spawn rate reduced by 31per cent
- The spawn rates of helmets, bags and vests has been increased slightly.
The devs also placed Vending machines all over Miramar and Camp Jackal to provide a new looting experience other than picking up items spawned on the floor. Players can get Painkillers and Energy Drinks from Vending Machines but these are protected by "cutting-edge anti-theft technology" and any attempt to damage the machine may expose your location to the enemy.