PUBG's Season 6 will kick off on 25 January 2020 but the changes it will bring are already live on the game's test servers. Season 6 will bring the island of swift destruction - Karakin and the Motor Glider into the mix.
PUBG's Season 6 is upon us all and the new season will bring a new island, some new weapons, a flying vehicle and a new Survivor Pass.
The PTS schedule currently looks like this:
- PST: 16 January 6:00 pm - Live server maintenance end
- CEST: 17 January 3:00 pm - Live server maintenance end
- GMT: 17 January 1:00 am - Live server maintenance end
Live Maintenance Schedule:
- PST: 29 January 10 pm – January 30 1 am
- CET: 30 January 7 am – 10 am
- GMT: 30 January 6:00 am - 9:00 am
The live maintenance schedule may change.
The latest map to be added to PUBG is Karakin - "the tension of Miramar combined with the pace of Sanhok". The maximum of 64 players can engage on Karakin per match.
PUBG Labs' Motor Glider went live on the PC servers on 15 January 2020 and the console players will get to fly high with the start of Season 6.
- Use (Xbox One: L-Stick / PS4: L3) to control the pitch and the roll of the aircraft
- Adjust the throttle by holding (Xbox One: LT & RT / PS4: L2 & R2) buttons
- Hold (Xbox One: Y / PS4: Triangle) buttons when on the ground to engage the handbrake
The new Survivor Pass: Shakedown
- Whether you have purchased Premium Pass or not, all players can join together to fill the Community Accomplishment Gauge, then claim in-game skin rewards and unravel the hidden story of Karakin.
- The mission gauge can be filled by finding collectables on the Battlegrounds.
- Players who find and open special Cardboard Boxes will be able to loot one of the 3 different objects.
- When collected, they are reflected in the Community mission accomplishment gauge as follows:
- Disc piece: Counts as 1 point toward Community Missions Goal
- Broken disc: Counts as 2 points toward Community Missions Goal
- Old DVD: Counts as 3 points toward Community Missions Goal
- On the Community Mission tab, you can see your achievement score and earn XP in proportion to the individual contribution score.
Rewards for Survivor Title System Season 5 will be doled out at the beginning of Season 6. SP will have a soft-reset, with your performance in Season 5 counting towards your starting SP in Season 6.
The following skins will be added to the Store after Update #6.1 hits live servers:
- 5 Golden Dragon skins
- 4 Golden Phoenix skins
- 9 Seollal skins
A bunch more sound, performance and bug fixes can be found in the official patch notes for the 6.1 update .