After extensive testing in PUBG Labs, the Motor Glider is finally going live. The vehicle will first launch on PC Live servers on 15 January. The console players will get their hands on the glider when Season 6 kicks off.
PUBG Labs' Motor Glider test that ended on 30 December has yielded some positive feedback - enough to make PUBG Corporation issue a report and announce that the Motor Glider will be released for PC Live Servers on 15 January.
The majority of the mechanics for the aviary asset will remain mostly the same as described in the , with some changes. Console players will be able to take to the skies of PUBG with the launch of Season 6.
- Motor Glider will be available on Erangel and Miramar
- Motor Glider has two seats; one for pilot and one for passenger who can shoot and use any weapon from the backseat
- Motor Glider will be spawned around the map
- To take off, you must gain the necessary speed of 65 km/h then pitch up with the S key.
- You’ll start to take off automatically once you hit 70 km/h.
- Motor Glider’s fuel consumption rate is tied to the engine speed – the more throttle you apply, the faster you will run out of gas.
- Motor Glider will be spawned with empty gas. Fuel up before starting the engine.
- There’s no maximum altitude you can reach, the sky is the limit! But the engine will start losing power the higher the altitude you are at.
- Use W/S keys to control the pitch and A/D to control the roll of the aircraft (Xbox One: L-Stick / PS4: L3)
- Adjust the throttle by holding Left Shift and Left Ctrl keys (Xbox One: LT & RT / PS4: L2 & R2)
- Hold Spacebar when on the ground to engage handbrake (Xbox One: Y / PS4: Triangle)
PUBG Corporation will be adjusting the spawn rate of the glider: from a 100 per cent spawn rate they will bring it down to 25 per cent for each location. That means you'll have 10 gliders randomly spawn in 40 locations instead of 10. This rate is subject to change as the glider is a new piece of content.
The biggest change to the gliders is that they will all start with the gas gauge pointing to E, so you'll want to get some fuel into that vehicle as soon as possible.
The PUBG team also has plans to add key binding options for each of the Motor Glider controls as soon as possible.