Riot Games decided to buff a solid number of champions in order to improve their win rates. Alistar, Malphite and Cho'Gath are among the champions that will receive these much needed buffs!
Riot Games has made changes in patch 13.3 to adjust various champions and reduce early jungle presence. They also released Ahri ASU and Aurelion Sol CGU in the same patch, which received positive feedback. However, Aurelion Sol was too strong, so Riot hotfixed him in subsequent days. Despite the fix, he remains powerful in certain matchups.
In the current patch, League of Legends will adjust the recent meta, including ADC supports, early snowballing, and jungle clear speed, and give some champions well-deserved buffs. Phroxzon shared this information on Twitter, giving players a sneak peek of what to expect in the next patch.
In patch 13.4, Riot will continue to make adjustments to the meta, and certain champions will receive significant buffs. This time, Malphite, Alistar and Cho'Gath are among the champions that will receive buffs.
Despite being one of the oldest champions in League of Legends, Cho'Gath has recently received significant buffs in patches 12.22 and 12.23. Despite these changes and the introduction of new tank items, his pick-and-win rates have not improved significantly, leaving him weaker than many of other champions.
- Q Mana Cost: 60 > 50
- Q Damage: 80/135/190/245/300 > 80/140/200/260/320
- Armor Growth: 4.7 > 5
- W Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 > 70/75/80/85/90
Although Malphite is currently performing well in the top lane with a 50.06% win rate and a 3.5% pick rate, both support and mid-Malphite remain notably weak. Therefore, Riot's upcoming buff for Malphite is unlikely to be significant, as he is already performing decently in his primary role.
W – Thunderclap
- Cooldown: 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds > 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds
- Attack Armor Ratio: 10% > 15%
- Cone Armor Ratio: 15% > 20%
Despite having a win rate of 48.98%, Alistar remains a popular choice with a respectable pick rate of 4.6%. In an effort to improve his win rate, Riot will be implementing some buffs for Alistar in patch 13.4.
Passive – Triumphant Roar
- Healing for Allies: 6% > 7%
Q – Pulverize
- AP Ratio: 70% > 80%
W – Headbutt
- AP Ratio: 90% > 100%
- League of Legends Patch 13.3 brings jungle system changes and nerfs to Amumu, K'Sante, and Zac
- Orange Essence 101: The best ways to get it in League of Legends 2023
- Ahri ASU Update: All of Ahri's updated Splash Arts now available in League of Legends
- League of Legends Clash 2023: Everything you need to know
- League of Legends: Aurelion Sol's ultimate takes a page from Lee Sin's playbook in latest rework