Now that the Corridors of Time puzzle has been solved, Destiny 2's developers have given us a glimpse into their process of creating the experience. The 2.7.1 game update will go live next week and bring some performance fixes.
Destiny 2' Corridors of Time has been solved and, per player request, the devs have shared the behind the scenes details on the creation and development of this puzzle.
The devs have shared their goals and early designs:
- Create a time maze through which any player can dive to discover secrets and lore
- Serve as a shared community puzzle that rewards the Exotic Fusion Rifle
- Celebrate community achievement and invite all players to partake in the reward
Update 2.7.1 is on its way to Destiny 2 and it's set to launch next week. The patch will address a few performance issues including:
- Improved some performance issues in the Chamber of Suffering encounter.
- Fixed an issue where players could die when transitioning from the Necropolis encounter to the Tunnels of Despair.
- Improved a performance issue that could occur when chunks of land return, or are removed during the Sanctified Mind encounter.
- Improved performance when receiving certain investment-related messages. This could be reward acquisition, placing tributes, or interacting with Obelisks.
- The largest impact will be in the Tower, but this should help everywhere.
- Players who load into Crucible matches faster than their peers will no longer be put in black screen. Rather, they will remain in spaceflight until all players have loaded into the match, as before.
So good news all around.
However, not all proposed fixes can be ready in time. The following fixes will have to go through some testing and wait for a future update to hitch a ride to the live servers.
- UI stuttering and framerate drops when loading or applying mods
- Framerate issues in Gambit and Gambit Prime
- Framerate issues during the Sanctified Mind encounter of the Garden of Salvation Raid
- Framerate issues in the Pit of Heresy Dungeon, specifically in tunnel encounters
- General improvements to performance on PC when a lot of debris is on the ground