Bungie's announcement for Destiny 2 Season of Dawn was not exactly met with all-around praise and lack of a new raid is one of the reasons. There will be other new activities during the three-month-season though so here is the full list with their starting dates.
Destiny 2 Season of Dawn doesn't have much to offer in the way of PvP and there is no new raid for those who like PvE. That can sound rather defeating but Bungie did prepare series of new activities, some for Season Pass holders and some for everyone. Here are full lists of both, as per Bungie's own calendar.
Season Pass exclusive activities
- The Sundial activity becomes available with Nirull the Hollow Voice - 10 December 2019
- The Sundial: Ozletz, the Sky Piercer - 17 December 2019
- Save a Legend - 17 December 2019
- The Sundial: Tazaroc, the Sun Eater - 24 December 2019
- Legend Sundial - 7 January 2020
- Exotic Quest: Devil's Ruin - 7 January 2020
- Exotic Quest: Bastion - 28 January 2020
- The Sundial: Inotam, Oblivion's Tribune - 4 February 2020
Activities available for everyone
- Elimination PvP mode - 10 December 2019
- Tangled Shore and Mars Obelisks - 10 December 2019
- Nessus and EDZ Obelisks - 17 December 2019
- The Dawning - 17 December 2019 to 14 January 2020
- Iron Banner - 24 December 2019
- Empyrean Foundation - 4 February 2020
- Crimson Days - 11 to 18 February 2020
All things considered, there seems to be a lot of content to keep players that enjoy PvE busy during the rather long season. On the other hand, PvP fans are already complaining about lack of incentives to keep playing their favourite activities.
For example, the Iron Banner armour will be recycled Season 1 armour and there is no incentive to get Legend Glory rank. Furthermore, players are dissatisfied with the fact that resetting Valor does not award any endgame materials and they are therefore forced to play PvE if they want to Masterwork their armour. Speaking of which, Season of the Undying armour will get kicked in the shins as it will not be able to use Season of Dawn mods.