Dead Mage and 11 bit studios are nowhere near stopping with Children of Morta content and that is not even necessarily the best part. Most of the content revealed in their recently released roadmap is completely free of charge.
Children of Morta is a story-driven rogue-lite that saw a lot of success on Steam and enjoyed 92 per cent positive user reviews at the time of writing. Following in the footsteps of their publisher, 11 bit studios, Dead Mage decided to imbue the already beloved game with the power of free DLC in a manner similar to that of Frostpunk.
The roadmap focuses on Dead Mage's planned efforts in 2020 and the developers didn't miss out on an opportunity to drop a pun about a "mountain of free content" with the announcement. Anyway, the full list of upcoming content is quite lengthy so here it goes:
- Shrine of Challenge will introduce hard difficulty and over 20 new items that include Charms, Divine Graces and Divine Relics
- Setting Sun Inn will bring about New Game+ mode where players will get to keep their unlocked characters, skill tree, Morv and Workshop upgrades into a new playthrough
- Random Encounter will introduce random encounters. Never would've guessed
- In the Bergsons' House will bring a new playable characters
- The Fellowship of the Sanctuary will finally bring the online co-op mode for the game
- Temple of the Endless is a series of arenas with horde mode in mind. There will be a new boss included and this mode will support online co-op
- The Treasure update will add over 30 new items, including Charms, Divine Graces and Divine Relics
- The Uncharted Lands is a new journey for the Bergsons. This expansion will introduce a new main quest, home event, playable hero, new enemies and a new boss
Seven out of eight of these content drops will be free of charge with only The Uncharted Lands expansion requiring a purchase.