Infinity Ward have released a new patch for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The most notable changes are a minor nerf to MP5 SMG and a big buff to M13 assault rifle.
MP5 is one of the best, if not the best SMG in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, therefore, it is one of the first choices for many players who prefer run and gun playstyle. Infinity Ward are looking to bring more balance to SMGs so each weapon has its own advantages and flaws, which should ultimately lead to a lot more variety in players' loadouts.
In the latest patch, MP5 SMG has been nerfed - the devs reduced headshot multiplier and the range of 10mm rounds has been decreased. Unfortunately, the numbers are missing from the patch notes so we do not know the exact scale of the nerf.
On top of this, the M13 assault rifle has received a significant buff. M13 is not very popular assault rifle and it will certainly benefit from the latest tweaks, which include range increase, reduction to recoil and damage increase.
The patch also brings tweaks to Crossbow , fixes some exploits in Ground War and tunes spawns at Shipment to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Here are the full patch notes:
- Added Deathmatch Domination
- Added Gunfight Custom
- Shipment 24/7 is back (Replaces Shoot the Ship)
- Removed Winter Docks
- Moved Capture the Flag into the Quick Play Filter
- MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier, Small reduction to 10mm range
- M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness, Small range decrease
- M13: Range increase, Small reduction to horizontal recoil, Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
- Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted; 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
- Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATVFix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
- Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
- When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed