Destiny 2 grinding is becoming easier in several aspects. Material stack caps are going up while some pinnacle weapon quests are becoming less of a headache to complete, bolstering the quality of life changes leading up to Shadowkeep.
Bungie already released some changes that should make the life of Guardians easier while some changes are coming later, possibly with Shadowkeep's release. The changes that came with are in part related to materials, possibly in preparation for the higher costs of Armour 2.0 upgrades.
Certain material stacks will now cease to be capped at just 999, literally going up tenfold as the new stack size will be 9,999. These changes will apply to Gunsmith Materials and Planetary Materials as well as Vanguard, Crucible and Iron Banner Tokens.
While the costs are going up, these changes are sure to help out those who want to prepare for Shadowkeep as they can now literally hoard ten times the amount of materials they could previously.
Glimmer cap will also be increased by 250 per cent, going up to 250,000, but this change has not been applied with the patch 18.104.22.168 so it's possible we will not see it before Shadowkeep comes out.
When it comes to pinnacle weapons, Wendigo GL3 and The Mountaintop grenade launchers will be easier to obtain. The changes for the Wendigo quest are as follows.
- Grenade Launcher kills are 100 per cent more for each objective,
- Death Penalty no longer exists for the final objective,
- Grenade Launcher multi-kills will award 50 per cent more progress,
- Completing playlist strikes awards "a significant amount of progress" for the final objective
Mountaintop quest has seen several reductions in requirements:
- Required number of multi-kills is down to 75 from 200
- Required number of medals is down to 25 from 100
- Points earned in competitive have been increased
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep is launching on 1 October 2019 which means there is about one month to prepare for the changes and potentially use up all of that extra space from material changes.