In order to use the full strength of a Rune Arc, players first must beat the second main boss of Elden Ring and restore his Great Rune. Here's how to restore Godrick's Rune, once you get it.
You've probably seen a bunch of Elden Ring videos where players are using a super-powerful buff called Rune Arc, which boosts basically every ability, increasing your health, stamina and other attributes.
Rune Arcs can be found all over the Lands Between - bosses are dropping these items, you can find them just lying around in nature or you can help other players in co-op to get one.
However, Rune Arcs mean nothing until you do a certain quest that will unlock their full strength. In this guide, we'll show you how to make your Rune Arcs usable by restoring the Great Rune of Godrick.
How to use Rune Arc by restoring Godrick's Great Rune?
- First, you have to beat the guy. Godrick the Grafted is the second boss in Elden Ring and he can be found in the Stormveil Castle.
- Once you beat Godrick, he'll drop a couple of items including Godrick's Great Rune.
- If you check out the Rune description in the menu, you'll notice it says you'll need to travel to Limgrave Tower Bridge.
- Go to the tower, use the elevator to reach the top and restore Godrick's Rune.
- That's it! Now you can use all those Rune Arcs and they will boost your attributes properly.
A quick note though - on your way to the tower, you'll stumble upon three giants, two of them have swords while the third one is an archer. Archer's arrows can hurt the giants so use that to your advantage. Arrows will stun the giants allowing you to perform a riposte and get rid of them fairly quickly.