More details about The Last of Us multiplayer are coming later this year says Naughty Dog co-president Neil Druckmann.
Naughty Dog have shared a brand new concept art for The Last of Us multiplayer project which is rumoured to be titled Factions 2. The concept art, which you can check out above shows two survivors heading towards a large abandoned cruiser.
In addition to this new teaser, Naughty Dog co-president Neil Druckmann confirmed that the studio will be sharing more about The Last of Us multiplayer game later this year.
"We're so excited to share more with you about the future of this franchise. We’ll have some fun surprises for you along the way, but later this year we will begin to offer you some details on our ambitious The Last of Us multiplayer game," Druckmann said.
Druckmann also said that the game is shaping up to be "a fresh, new experience with Naughty Dog's passion for incredible stories, characters and gameplay."
When exactly Naughty Dog plan to reveal The Last of Us multiplayer, it remains to be seen. It's possible that such an announcement is being saved for Sony's next big showcase which could be coming this summer.
The Last of Us multiplayer is rumoured to be similar to extraction-type battle royale hybrids like Escape From Tarkov and looter shooters such as The Division.
The game has been in development for quite and surprisingly, it started as a smaller project but eventually turned into something much bigger.
- Elden Ring has surpassed The Last of Us 2 as the most-awarded Game of the Year title
- World War Z: Aftermath gets a next-gen release date and new Horde mode
- Hitman 3 to become World of Assassination, make first two games free-ish
- Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora dynamic weather, quests, and open world detailed in a new leak
- God of War Ragnarök ended 2022 as number one on UK Boxed Charts