GSC Game World, the developers of the upcoming Xbox exclusive Stalker 2 have confirmed they plan to implement mod support on PC from day one. They are also exploring the option for Xbox consoles.
The developer of Stalker 2, GSC Game World, have shared interesting new details about the game in the latest podcast (translated by gamingsym.in ). The studio's PR manager Zakhar Bocharov provided several detailed responses, revealing details about mod support on Xbox, the game's engine and the open-world design among other things.
Here's the breakdown of everything that Bocharov said regarding the upcoming Xbox exclusive Stalker 2:
- The developers considered making the sequel on the original engine - X-Ray - but felt it was way outdated. The team then sifted through other options but decided the Unreal Engine was the one to go with.
- Bocharov stated that the team set a high priority for mod support on PC and will try to implement it from day-one. Additionally, they are exploring the option for mod support on Xbox.
- It's promised that Stalker 2 will be much more stable on release, meaning there will be fewer bugs and issues.
- The life simulation system A-life has become "more meticulous and more detailed." All interactions between factions, monsters, NPCs will take place even while the player does not see it.
- Stalker 2's open-world aka the Zone will offer a non-linear storyline with a huge number of branches and different endings.
- The single-player mode is the main one in STALKER 2.
Stalker 2 is announced for PC and Xbox Series X|S. The game is coming to Game Pass on day-one sometime this year. PS5 version is yet to be announced but it's rumoured that the game is only a timed exclusive for Xbox.