The Pokemon Company International announced that a new expansion will be launching for Pokemon Sun & Moon in November. There will be over 110 cards, along with some more Alolan Pokemon.
Lo and behold, Pokemon Sun and Moon fans, a new expansion is coming to your Pokemon trading card game. The Pokemon Company International announced today that an expansion named Crimson Invasion will be launching for Pokemon Sun & Moon in the UK, on 03 November. That was a lot of "Pokemon".
As the press release put it: "The decisive battle for control of the Alola region is close at hand with the arrival of crimson-tinged Pokemon-GX on the islands. Will Silvally-GX and the other allies of Alola save the day, or will the Ultra Beasts Nihilego-GX, Buzzwole-GX, Kartana-GX, and Guzzlord-GX seize control?"
The Pokemon Company
The upcoming expansion will include:
- Over 110 cards: and that's including 8 Pokemon-GX and 3 full-art Supporter cards.
- Pokemon TCG debut: Nihilego, Buzzwole, Kartana, Guzzlord, Type: Null, and Silvally, plus Supporter cards Lusamine and Gladion, appear for the first time
- More Alolan Pokemon: Alolan Exeggutor and Alolan Marowak make an appearance
- Two theme decks: 60-card preconstructed decks, Destruction Fang and Clanging Thunder, allow players to get straight into the action
- Booster packs: Each pack contains 10 cards selected from the expansion, plus a basic Energy card
In other Pokemon Sun and Moon news, a is on the horizon. While the Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon's story revolved heavily around the Legendary Pokemon Solgaleo and Lunala, the Ultra games will have a new story featuring Necrozma alongside the Legendary duo.
The Pokemon Company
"Ominous dark clouds begin to spread and the secrets of Necrozma and the Alola region, which were never disclosed in the previous games, will finally come to light".
The main characters from Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon will appear in the new game only featuring "brand new styles".