Blizzard announced the system requirements for the PCs that will be able to run the upcoming Overwatch 2 closed beta.
Overwatch 2 closed beta is approaching and those who sign up and get lucky will be able to get the first taste of the game in April 2022. You can sign up on the official site and it takes just a few minutes to set everything up.
However, keep in mind that the PC requirements have been increased in comparison to the first Overwatch so even if your machine is running the first game, it may get worse performance or be unable to run OW2.
That said, the revealed OW2 PC specs are as follows:
- CPU - Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom X3 8650
- GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 600 series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series
- RAM - 6GB
- CPU - Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 5
- GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 106 or AMD R9 380
- RAM - 8GB
- The same for minimum and recommended
- Storage - 50GB disk space
- Monitor capable of at least 1024x768 display resolution
Even though the system specs are higher than those of the original Overwatch, they remain pretty humble when you consider modern gaming rigs and even those that have been around for a decade or so.
Keep in mind these are the requirements for the beta and the final product may end up needing more - it has happened in the past.