It will take you around 20 hours to beat the main story in Dead Island 2 and some side missions, according to the game's developer.
Deep Silver's zombie slasher Dead Island 2 won't be bloated and unnecessarily long according to, Adam Olsson, the Art Director of this highly-anticipated release. Olsson confirmed that it will take around 20 hours for players to beat the main story of Dead Island 2 and complete some secondary missions and other activities.
This is certainly less than what we usually get from similar games but some will welcome the decision to keep Dead Island 2 smaller and more focused. Games are becoming increasingly longer but we'd argue that it's always about quality, not quantity. No one wants hundreds of icons on a map that don't offer anything meaningful to the player. Right, Ubisoft ?
Another reason why Dead Island 2 won't take that long to beat is probably due to the fact that the game won't feature a massive open world to explore. While it may look like Dead Island 2's Los Angeles setting is indeed open world, the devs confirmed that the game has smaller open zones with loading times when travelling between these.
There's nothing wrong with such a design, of course, but it certainly will make the game feel smaller and shorter. But, we are yet to play it and only when Dead Island 2 officially launches, we can actually talk about whether or not the devs hit the nail on the head with such design.
Dead Island 2 is officially hitting the shelves on April 21, 2023, for PC , PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 , Xbox One and Xbox Series X.
For more about the game, check out the stories below or head to the official website.
- Dead Island 2 release date moved up by a week
- Diablo 4 open beta world boss Ashava details and spawn time
- Forspoken budget was reportedly over $100 million
- The Witcher 3 next-gen Patch 4.02 brings motion blur slider, performance improvements and more
- Stalker 2 game materials leaked, GSC Game World gives hacker proverbial middle finger
- Square Enix blames "challenging" reviews for "lackluster" Forspoken sales