Halo: The Master Chief Collection is heading for the December 2020 update, laying the groundwork for the next season, and the dev also touched upon 2021 priorities.
The update will be available today and weighs in at 26GB on the Microsoft Store, 22GB on Xbox and 6GB on Steam.
"In preparation for MCC’s next season, new cosmetic content is being added to the game in this patch. These items will not be available for unlock and use yet, but you will be able to see their preview image and text description", 343 Industries wrote.
The "various new armor sets" are being added to prevent an additional Halo MCC update in 2021.
Unfortunately, the Halo MCC update also breaks mid-campaign saves and corrupts films saved from the in-game theatre for the games listed below. Note that you can still restart the missions.
- Halo: Reach: Campaign mid-mission saves
- Halo 3: Player Customization, Campaign mid-mission saves, and Films
- Halo 3: ODST: Campaign mid-mission saves
- Halo 4: Campaign mid-mission saves
The dev said that mod support will be the main focus for the team going into and throughout 2021, as the aim is to empower the community to continue to support Halo MCC.
Halo MCC's roadmap features the following:
- View Model Adjustment for all games: On track for early 2021
- Steam Account Linking: On track for early 2021
- In Game FPS Cap/Adjustments: More options coming in 2021
- PC File Share: On track for early 2021
- Additional Video Settings/Options: More options coming in 2021
- Custom Game Browser: On track for early 2021
- Double Key Binds for all games: On track for early 2021
- Per Game Audio Options: This should be in flights in early 2021
- Bringing PC Features to Console (Like FOV Sliders): We will communicate more on this next year, no hard timeline for when these features could be making their way to console
You can find the full post on Halowaypoint .