Grid players are about to get a new form of public lobbies. The option named Session Search will go live in the game as part of an upcoming update. The players will be able to search for, and race in custom lobbies. Session Select will be available via the first multiplayer menu.
Public lobbies are coming to Grid and they will take the form of Session Search. The option in Grid will arrive as a part of an incoming update. The system will allow players to, well, search for and race in custom lobbies created by other players.
Session Search will be available via the first multiplayer menu in a new tile, alongside the existing two options - Quick Match and Custom Match.
Once you enter Session Search, you can adjust six different filters to narrow down your inquiry.
- Show in Progress - Dictate whether or not your searches include lobbies that are currently racing
- Discipline - Choose to only show lobbies using Race or Time Attack events, or all
- Vehicle Class - Choose to only show lobbies using a specific vehicle class, or leave it open to all
- Hot Lap Qualifying - Choose to include or exclude lobbies that include a Hot Lap Qualifying session
- AI Drivers - Choose to include or exclude lobbies that have enabled AI drivers
- AI Skill Level - If AI drivers are enabled, use this option to include/exclude lobbies with certain AI skill level options
Once you have adjusted these filters and began the search, you'll see a new screen that will be showing the live lobbies that meet your search requirements. Then, you will be shown a list of the key features of each lobby.
- Host - The name of the player hosting the lobby
- Event Card - Shows the session’s category, vehicle, each track in the event, and the game type
- Players - The number of players already in that lobby
- Progress - What stage of an event the lobby is currently at (Skirmish, Qualifying, Race)
- Round - Shows how many rounds the lobby consists of, and which round is currently in progress
- Track - The circuit that players in the lobby are currently racing on, or about to race on
- AI Drivers - Number of AI opponents included in races
- AI Skill Level - If AI drivers are included, this shows their chosen skill level
- Damage Level - The chosen damage level for the lobby
- Terminal Damage - Outlines whether or not terminal damage is active
- Flashbacks - The chosen number of Flashbacks allowed in races
- Hot Lap Qualifying - Shows if a Hot Lap Qualifying session is included in races
The Session Search system will go live with a new update on 13 January.