We can't deny that the jury is out in regards to Epic not publishing full patch notes since Chapter 2 began, with some preferring to be surprised through gameplay. Others, however, banded together and assembled the unofficial patch notes.
You probably saw that Epic's Fortnite theme for Season 2 of Chapter 2 is all about
sneakiness and spy work
, where players even get to choose their allegiance - Ghost or Shadow. Note, however, that the choice is a permanent one, so make sure you choose wisely.
The patch notes, on the other hand, are still non-existent, but thanks to the Reddit user The Ace , we have a good idea of just how much the dev played around with the meta. All the credit's The Ace's of course, so make sure you share some love on his Reddit post too.
Weapons + Items
- Damage Traps
- Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
- Minigun (Mythic)
- Remote Explosives
- Suppressed Assault Rifle
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Suppressed Sniper Rifle
- Suppressed Pistol
- Heavy Sniper Rifle
- Grapplers (Mythic)
- Drum Gun (Mythic)
- Launch Pad (in competitive playlists)
- Boom Bow (Mythic)
- Tactical Assault Rifle (?)
- Every new POI can drop one of the Mythic items through killing NPCs
- Rapid Fire SMG
- 15 Damage
- 15 Shots per second
- Added "crates" that can be opened using an "ID Scan"
- Added some mythic items:
- Added "key cards" that guides you to vaults containing several crates
- Added "Decoy Grenade"
- Added a Creeping Cardboard with similar functionality as a Bush
- Fishing Rods will no longer drop from chests
- You can now throw consumable items
- You can now drown (?)
- Added a new rare chest (?)
- Added NPCs that can be killed that drop loot, but they shoot at you!
- Fishing spots have been buffed to not disappear after only 1-2 fishes caught (?)
- Upgrading weapons now take longer
- Toilets and dumpsters act like portals - hiding in one will teleport you to its' correspondent!
- The issue with not being able to edit cones if standing inside it has been fixed
- Removed Party Assist (?)
- Added the following POIs:
- The Yacht
- The Agency
- The Rig
- The Shark
- The Grotto
- Changed the emote UI
As you can see, some of the entries in the list are marked with a question mark, which means it's not 100 per cent confirmed. Nevertheless, this noble effort by The Ace and the community is much appreciated, even if a few turn out to be ringers.
Once again, the Reddit post in question can be found here .