Square Enix released a new DLC pack for their Final Fantasy XV. Episode Prompto launched along with a free update and it features a high speed snowmobile and a new storyline.
, ,the latest DLC pack for Final Fantasy XV got an official trailer. Today the pack is out, and players can experience a brand-new storyline from the perspective of the "fan-favourite character", Prompto.
"Players will get a glimpse in to the human side of the cheerful photographer, as Prompto Argentum and Aranea Highwind embark across a snowy wilderness with an array of new weapons to battle Imperial forces." says the press release.
Episode Prompto includes:
- A brand-new storyline, where Prompto, lost in the wilderness and battling against the Imperial forces, must find his way home and discover the truth about himself in the process
- Fast-paced, third-person gunplay battles featuring a wide variety of weapons, including basic handguns, sniper rifles, flash grenades, bazookas and more
- A new lightning fast snowmobile vehicle can be driven for taking down enemies and perform death-defying jumps while venturing through the wilderness
- Commodore Aranea Highwind and her mighty lance return to journey alongside Prompto
- Selfie Action – Players will have the ability to take selfies along the way, carrying over Prompto’s Snapshot skill from the main game
A free update was also released along with the DLC pack. The update gives players the ability to upgrade the Regalia to the new Type-D model at Hammerhead.
The new update also gives the player greater freedom to drive the Regalia off-road through various environments. Finally, you can also find new Episode Prompto themed tracks in the Regalia. As always, the update contains various fixes and more.