Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition's release date is coming up in early March. In order to ensure people can run the game smoothly on day one, Square Enix released a new benchmark tool.
Square Enix' Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will hit the Steam and Origin shelves on 06 March. The developer has released a benchmark tool and instructions in order to help players optimise their PCs in preparation for launch.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will support native 4K and 8K resolutions with HDR10 and Dolby Atmos. The game will also have an ongoing mod support. Final Fantasy XV is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game's Windows and Royal Editions will launch on 06 March, and will include all of the downloadable content released for the base game, as well as a number of .
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will include the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
- Nvidia Flow - "to create dynamic, combustible fluid, fire and smoke."
- Nvidia HairWorks - "to create dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game."
- Nvidia ShadowWorks - "to enable characters to cast shadows on themselves."
- Nvidia Turf Effects - "to create dynamic grass and vegetation in the game environment."
- Nvidia VXAO - "adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light."
GeForce Experience capture and share tools will also be supported:
- Nvidia Ansel "an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset."
- Nvidia ShadowPlay "Highlights automatically captures a gamer’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot and enables seamless sharing through social channels."
The benchmark tool is available via the following links: