Elden Ring is one of the most anticipated games of 2020 but sadly it's also one of the games we know very little of. Still, there are some things you may have missed but fear not, we got you covered with our big list.
From Software's next big thing Elden Ring was announced back at E3 2019 when the creator Hidetaka Miyazaki also shared a bunch of details about the game, but we've got nothing since then. And nothing would be an understatement. Not a single piece of info, no trailers, no gameplay (duh) and it looks like it will stay that way for some time.
Despite the total radio silence, there are some details that may have flown under the radar for you and on top of this rumours are in full swing as expected. We have collected almost every bit of official info we could find while also adding some, most notable and realistic leaks and speculation to the mix. You can find them conveniently formatted below:
- Elden Ring has been in development since Dark Souls 3 DLC was released
- It's officially announced for PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- The theme is the will or ambition of mankind
- It's made by Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R.R Martin
- George R.R Martin has written the base for the overarching mythos for the game world itself
- From Software created the world using this mythos
- Elden Ring will be more open in terms of world design than any From Software game before
- The open-world will feature many areas for exploration
- These areas will be intricately designed where you'll find multi-layered castles, ruins and other buildings
- It won't feature towns or settlements since this would be "a bit too much"
- Just like all From Software games, Elden Ring will be challenging with punishing combat
- Souls-like signature feature - epic and hard bosses will be a big part of Elden Ring
- There is a wide variety of unique and horrifying bosses
- Character creation is back
- Build creation is also back, as you remember it from Souls series
- Elden Ring will put a lot more focus on RPG elements, not action, but...
- ...responsive melee-based combat will still be present
- Elden Ring will offer players more build and tactic diversity than the Dark Souls series
- For the first time in From Software games, you will get to ride a horse
- Dark Souls 3 composer Yuka Kitamura is working on Elden Ring
LEAKS AND RUMOURS:
- The game will release sometime in Q4 2020
- It's playable and it's currently in bug-fixing and optimising phase
- It's been delayed internally at least once during the development
- NPCs will be more engaging and believable with their own stories
- The game will be brighter than usual but...
- ...it will still have its dark moments
- The open-world is similar to Shadow of the Colossus
- It's coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X
- It will feature several kingdoms with a unique boss fight in each of them
- Elden Ring trademark issues may be the reason behind the radio silence