Infinity Ward have tweaked several weapons in the latest Season 4 reboot update, which arrived last night. Among these weapons are popular SMG MP5 and assault rifle Grau 5.56.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone have received another major update which brings a ton of new content including a new weapon, multiplayer map, operator and a lot more. However, the patch also brings several tweaks to weapons, including some fan-favourite ones such as Grau 5.56 and MP5.
In the full patch notes over at Infinity Ward website, the developer detailed these tweaks and by the looks of it, the two mentioned weapons have received a significant nerfs. Here are the changes:
- Decreased damage range
- Decreased 10MM damage range
- Reduced long-range damage to 10MM ammo
- Slight recoil increase to 10MM ammo
- Grau 5.56
- Damage range reduction
- Slight increase to high-frequency recoil
- Reduced recoil compensation and decreased range on Tempus 26.4" Archangel and FSS 20.8" Nexus barrels
As you can see, the damage range has been decreased on both weapons but Infinity Ward did not say if this change is a significant one. With these latest nerfs, expect to see a lot of MP7s and M4A1s in both Warzone and standard multiplayer.