Respawn's changes to Apex Legends are coming in hard and fast, with the Lost Treasures event introducing a bunch of them, including nerfs to poor ol' Wraith, and tweaks to Wattson and Revenant.
For the sake of brevity and clarity, we've divided the details on the Lost Treasures Collection Event , and the reworks of Lifeline and Octane , which can be found on the provided links.
We'll be focusing on the aforementioned trio of Wraith, Wattson and Revenant, starting with poor Wraith, who's been hit with a nerf to Phase Walk, although Respawn compensated for it elsewhere.
"Increasing Wraith’s tactical cooldown has proven to be ineffective at curbing her exceedingly high win rate and kill rate. These changes are meant to disincentivize Wraith players from using Phase Walk as a “get out of jail free” card, and move it into more of a repositioning and scouting ability", Respawn wrote.
- Phase Walk now takes 1.25 seconds to enable (was 0.4 seconds). During this time, Wraith will receive a 20% move slow
- This does not affect Phase Walk while placing a Phase Portal
- While in Phase Walk, Wraith now gets a 30% move speed boost
- While in Phase Walk, Wraith can now see other players while in the Void
- Phase Walk now lasts 4 seconds (from 3 seconds)
- Phase walk cooldown is now down to 25 (from 35 seconds)
- Decreased distance for portal placement by 25%.
Wattson's tweaks were fewer in number, but are meant to create openings where enemies can breach her fortifications. "It is still possible for Wattson players to hold a position with a trophy indefinitely, but that should come at the cost of using Ultimate Accelerants", Respawn wrote.
- Wattson's Pylons now last for 90 seconds
- Wattson can now have up to 3 pylons out at a time
- Wattson can stack 2 Ultimate accelerants per inventory slot
Respawn practically crossed the Ts and dot the Is with Revenant, ensuring that his abilities are no longer ignored by other characters' ones.
- Will now cancel:
- Pathfinder mid-grapple
- Wraith mid-Phase Walk attempt (before Phase Walk activates)
- Will now prevent:
- Mirage cloaked revive
- Mirage decoy control activation
- Lifeline combat revive
- Range removed on Death Totem
You can check out the extensive list of changes on EA's website , or wait 10 minutes and go try them out for yourself.