Apex Legends got a proper batch of great news yesterday and we've learned we're heading for a Lost Treasures Collection Event soon, while Crypto gets to have his Town Takeover. Oh, and how about some mobile respawning?
Lost Treasures Collection Event kicks off on June 23 and lasts until July 7, 2020. It follows the familiar Apex Legends format, where players get prize tracks to complete for legendaries. Here's the short version:
- Limited Time Mode - Armed and Dangerous Evolved
- All-new Town Takeover - Crypto’s Map Room
- Exclusive Event Prize Track with two Legendary Weapon skins
- 24 Event Limited premium cosmetic available directly or through Lost Treasure Event Packs
- Introducing ‘Special Offers’ page featuring
- All new Rare skins and charms
- Mirage Heirloom Set Preview
- Unlock all 24 Lost Treasures cosmetics during the event and unlock the Mirage Heirloom set for free
Apex Legends players should be familiar with Armed and Dangerous, but this time it comes with a twist - the only available armour is the Evo Armor you drop with, so if you want to get tougher - you've got to earn it.
More importantly however, Respawn will be removing Respawn Beacons in order to launch Mobile Respawn Beacons in the aforementioned mode. They will be added to public and ranked playlists once the event is over.
"Use it to call down a miniature Respawn Beacon almost anywhere on the map, then use your squadmates Banner Card to bring them back to the fight. The Mobile Respawn Beacon deploys via satellite drop and needs landing clearance (much like Lifeline’s care package), and once it lands it’s first come, first served so make it count", Respawn wrote.