Overwatch has a band new patch in the PTR. This patch will change Mercy's ultimate ability from Resurrect to Valkyrie. D.Va can now fire her Fusion Cannons while flying.
Mercy is getting a new ultimate ability and D.Va's Defence Matrix will see some changes as well. In a developer update, Jeff from the Overwatch team let us know that a new patch is currently in development and now available for testing on the Public Test Region.
The biggest news to come out of the latest developer update is that Mercy is getting a new ultimate ability. Up until this patch, her ultimate was Resurrect, but now it has been turned into a single target ability.
The new Resurrect can do the following:
- Ability now targets a single player, instead of every player within a radius
- Radius reduced to 5 meters
- Ability cooldown is 30 seconds
- Mercy is no longer granted invulnerability while Resurrect is active
Ok, now let's see what the new ultimate "Valkyrie" has to offer:
Valkyrie unleashes the full power of Mercy’s Valkyrie Suit, enhancing her weapons and abilities for 20 seconds:
- Caduceus Staff: Mercy’s healing and damage boost beams now affect all allies near the targeted teammate, and the staff’s effective range has been extended
- Caduceus Blaster: Granted infinite ammo, while simultaneously increasing damage and fire rate
- Guardian Angel: Increased range and movement speed
- Resurrect: Cooldown is instantly reset when Valkyrie is activated and reduced to 10s after the initial cast
- Hover: Mercy gains the ability to fly freely, at increased movement speed
- Regeneration (Passive): No longer interrupted when Mercy takes damage
D.Va also has a new ability:
- Micro Missiles: D.Va fires a barrage of small rockets that detonate on impact, dealing damage in a limited radius around each explosion. These can be fired while D.Va is using any other ability or firing her Fusion Cannons
The beginning of the changes that are coming to D.Va's Defense Matrix looks like the resource meter that will now deplete twice as quickly. Also, Fusion Cannons can now be fired while flying.
You can read about the rest of the changes that are being tested in the PTR right here.