Wastelanders update is coming soon to Fallout 76. The game's Steam page now has the official patch notes along with the PC download size. The update will require a full download of the game client. Fallout 76 is now available to play via Steam.
Fallout 76's Wastelanders update is coming in five hours (at the time of writing). The official patch notes and download size have just been shared on the game's Steam page.
The Wastelanders update brings an entirely new main story, including quests, as well as plenty of people to meet in the form of human NPCs. It also adds a dialogue system, NPC Factions, Allies for your C.A.M.P., new events, daily quests, weapons, armours, enemies, and more.
Wastelanders Update Highlights
- People Are Back: While the motives of their return remain a mystery, you can get to know the new additions through the new dialogue system.
- New Main Story: along with all-new main quests.
- Meet the Factions: Decide on a faction: The Raiders at Crater or the Settlers at Foundation and then help them in their endeavours to earn Reputation and unlock new items.
- Recruit an Ally: Certain NPCs can come to live in your C.A.M.P., help defend it, and offer you daily quests. Some also bring story quests and romance opportunities. Steamy.
- More Events and Dailies: Such as Riding Shotgun and Radiation Rumble. There are also four new daily quests to explore.
- New Items and Enemies: Hunt down the monstrous Wendigo Colossus or a pack of Floaters, but don’t forget to pack your new Gauss Minigun.
- New and Updated Locations: New arrivals in Appalachia are certainly making their mark on the world. Discover new and updated locations as you quest and explore. The updated locations may interfere with your C.A.M.P. so check out this map to see if you need to move.
The new update is pretty hefty and it will require a full download of the game client. The download size for consoles will be around 70 GB. For PC, download size will be approximately 54 GB through the Bethesda.net launcher, and around 68 GB via Steam.
Fallout 76 is now available on Steam
- If you already play Fallout 76 on PC via Bethesda.net, all of your progress, Atomic Shop items, and friends will still be waiting for you if you decide to play through Steam.
- Please note: Atom balances and Fallout 1st memberships will not carry over, but any items you buy using Atoms will.
- Now through 28 April, if you join us on Steam you will also unlock the Fallout Classic Collection - a bundle that includes Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free.
A Reddit user who goes by the name u/EvilAndStuff has been so kind to make a countdown for Wastelanders.