Fallout 76's Night of the Moth Update goes live on all platforms today. The update will bring the new Seasonal Event, Quality of Life improvements and more.
Fallout 76's Night of the Moth Update will land today and bring the Mothman Equinox Seasonal Event, Fallout 76 Season 7, a bunch of quality of life improvements and more.
Night of the Moth Update highlights
- Mothman Equinox - pay a visit to Point Pleasant in the Forest Region every hour to aid The Enlightened in summoning the Wise Mothman and earn rewards until December 21.
- Season 7 Begins
- Quality-of-Life Improvements - Legendary Loot Sharing, Nearby Corpse Looting, a Pip-Boy Keyring, and more.
Update 22.214.171.124 download sizes
- PC (Bethesda.net): 9.7 GB
- PC (Microsoft Store): 19.1 GB
- PC (Steam): 11.1 GB
- PlayStation: 18.5 GB
- Xbox: 19.0 GB
Mothman Equinox Seasonal Event
Point Pleasant has become home to a bunch of robed figures who intend to celebrate the Mothman Equinox. "The Enlightened" are Mothman's most devout followers and want to perform an intricate ritual to summon the cryptid. The players' mission will be to guard the group and earn Mothman's favour.
The Mothman Equinox Seasonal Event will happen every hour from today until December 21 at Point Pleasant in the Forest region of Appalachia. Kick off the event by speaking with Interpreter Clarence on the roof of the Mothman Museum. If you succeed in all tasks, head back to the Mothman Museum’s roof to complete the final step of the summoning, commune with the Wise Mothman, and have a chance to earn new themed plans. The Seasonal Event will attract Cultist High Priests to the area and the players can deal with them to earn Mothman Cult themed rewards.
Fallout 76 - Quality of Life improvements
- Nearby Corpse Looting: Looting a bunch of corpses in Fallout 76 will become much easier with the "Nearby Corpses" button and its nifty trick of showing you all the goodies that the creatures around you have dropped.
- Legendary Loot Sharing: Today's update will give everyone within the sight range of a dying legendary creature the ability to loot them.
- Team XP Sharing: Each eliminated enemy will mean XP points for the entire team as long as they are within sight range of the creature when it dies.
- Build Menu "New" Tab: C.A.M.P.'s build menu will now have a "New" tab displaying any new C.A.M.P. item plans you’ve learned during your current session (including the items unlocked in the Atomic Shop).
- Pip-Boy Keyring: All keys collected through the game can now be stored on the Keyring. Find it in your "Misc." inventory tab.
- Pip-Boy Menu Colour Customization: pretty self-explanatory.
- Ammo Everywhere: The feature from Daily Ops has found its way to Appalachia. All existing sources of ammo have a chance to drop a small amount of ammo for your currently equipped weapon.