Neon Giant just rolled out a new patch for The Ascent. The latest update is now available for Xbox and Windows 10 and brings a bunch of welcome fixes.
Neon Giant's latest patch for The Ascent is now live on Xbox and Windows 10. The latest batch of code fixes brings parity against the Steam version, including DLSS support for Windows 10, and a bunch of co-op, stability and mission fixes.
Stability upgrades on all platforms - highlights
- The folks at Neon Giant came up with some fixes that will improve The Ascent's performance in DX12 as well as with Ray Tracing. Please be patient as there will be a 20-25 second ‘stall’ on loading to Main Menu to allow some caching to happen before you play. This is a one-time event.
- Gamers, rejoice: Ray tracing is now available to Players on the Windows Store.
- Those with lower-end PCs will be happy to learn that there is now a CPU performance mode just for them.
AltChar's patch note highlights
- Life Transfer, Neutron Beam and Overclock augments now have a more balanced cost/cooldown/efficiency ratio.
- SFX and VO will now play instead of a death-screen after defeating Megarachnoid boss.
- The issue where multiple bosses could spawn has been fixed. e.g. Papa Feral, Megarachnoid (Spider Boss), Gun-Dolph.
- You'll now hear the latest news from all over the Arcology as you ride in the Taxi.
- The Ascent's Journal now finally features the Cyberdeck.
- While in Dreamworld, players will no longer hear shooting SFX without enemies being present.
- Fixed damage scaling on the Pocket Mech: Your trusty Pocket Mech minigun will now become more powerful as you level up.