Publisher Curve Digital have today announced that multiplayer action-RPG The Ascent is set to release in 2021 on PC, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles. The game will be on Game Pass on launch.
Neon Giant's gorgeous-looking dystopian action-RPG The Ascent, which was revealed at Xbox Games Showcase back in May 2020, is targeting a release date in 2021, publisher Curve Digital officially confirmed.
The Ascent will be playable with Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC at launch and target 60 fps and full 4K support on the Xbox Series X.
"Xbox Game Pass is an amazing proposition for us as a small indie developer with a team of only 11 people, because it allows more players around the world to experience our game. To celebrate this exciting news, we wanted to cement the game's place in 2021’s next-gen line-up by casting light on what players can expect to experience at launch," says Tor Frick, Art Director and co-founder of Neon Giant.
We also got brand new gameplay footage which showcases co-op gameplay. It's safe to say that the game's dystopian setting looks absolutely stunning but just like during the Xbox show, it seems that the performance is not quite up there just yet.
We've noticed plenty of frame rate drops, stuttering and overall, the gameplay does not look as smooth as it should be. Hopefully, the devs will manage to optimise the game in the upcoming months.
Anyway, if you're unfamiliar with the game, The Ascent will offer players the chance to step into an action-orientated sci-fi RPG powered by Unreal Engine. The game will be available to play in both single-player and up to four-player co-op.
The Ascent will feature:
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations and looting
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
- Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes
The Ascent will launch on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles and PC in 2021.