Psyonix's Rocket League has over 33 million players to celebrate its second anniversary with. The Anniversary Update scheduled to drop soon will bring a new arena along with new cars. Competitive Season 5 will start after the update.
Psyonix announced today that their smash-hit Rocket League has more than 33 million players across all platforms. Rocket League is celebrating its second anniversary this Friday, 07 July, 2017. The Anniversary Update will be available for download later today beginning at 11:00 PM BST.
The update will contain a free new arena named "Champions Field", and other exciting new content. The developer described the new arena:
"Bask in the electrified glow of Rocket League competition with the new stadium, ‘Champions Field.’ This standard, modern-looking arena evokes a true sense of celebration. Look for ‘Champions Field’ in Competitive, Casual, and Private matches."
Other stuff coming with the update includes:
- FREE distributed as Common drops after online and offline matches, including Rick and Morty Antennas, ‘Cromulon,’ ‘Mr. Meeseeks,’ and ‘Mr. PBH’ Toppers, an ‘Interdimensional GB’ Rocket Boost, and ‘Sanchez DC-137’ Wheels
- ‘Rocket League Radio,’ which adds a new default music playlist “Rocket League x Monstercat” with 18 new tracks from EDM music label Monstercat
- New Import Battle-Cars 'Animus GP' and 'Centio V17,' available exclusively as drops inside the new 'Overdrive Crate'
- New Overdrive Crate with the potential to unlock animated decals, brand-new trails, and more
- New customization options like 'Engine Audio,’ ‘Goal Explosions,' and 'Trails' that are a mix of FREE selections and Crate drops
- End to ‘Competitive Season 4’ and Trail rewards distributed to competing players based on their highest skill tier reached
- Beginning of ‘Competitive Season 5’ with new
- Six new achievements and trophies
For more information on the incoming update, you can visit the . Psyonix will reveal additional game statistics on the evening of 06 July in honour of the game’s 2nd birthday.