Psyonix just announced that Season 2 of Rocket League will start on December 9. The new season will be all about the music and the developers have teamed up with the Grammy-nominated EDM artist Kaskade to bring the players some hot tunes.
Rocket League's Season 2 will go live on December 9. A celebration of music, the new season will also introduce a new customization option titled Player Anthems, with new songs and content from Grammy-nominated EDM artist Kaskade through a partnership with Monstercat, a new Rocket Pass, a new Arena, and, of course, more.
Rocket League Season 2 features
- Player Anthems - The new customization option will allow players to select and play Rocket League music in the Arena after scoring a goal. More information about Player Anthems will be revealed on the Rocket League website tomorrow, Wednesday December 2.
- New Music and Content From Kaskade - Psyonix partnered with Monstercat and acclaimed producer Kaskade to create an EP of songs for Rocket League Season 2. The first song, "Flip Reset" with WILL K, is now available in-game, featured in the Season 2 trailer, and on streaming platforms . Additional Kaskade music and content will be available throughout the season.
- New Rocket Pass - This season’s Rocket Pass includes music-themed items, some of which will even pulse and flash to the beat of the menu and arena music. The appropriately named R3MX car and 70+ Tiers of unique items will be available for those who unlock Rocket Pass Premium.
- Neon Fields Arena - This new EDM-inspired Arena will be available in Online Playlists as well as Private Matches.
- Rocket Labs - Rocket Labs will return as a Casual Limited Time Mode Playlist throughout the season.
- Additional Updates - New Competitive Rewards, Challenges, Quality of Life improvements, and changes to the Esports Shop are also coming in Season 2. More information on the changes to the Esports Shop will be available early next week.