Ubisoft announced the dates and all the most important info about the Open Qualifiers for Rainbow Six Siege's upcoming European Challenger League.
European Challenger League (ECL) Open Qualifiers will kick off on September 8, 2020, and the registrations for each of the four open qualifiers are now open.
The ECL is basically an entry point to the European League which is the region's premier level of competitive play. There are 12 teams that will compete in the 2020 season of the league:
- Nine teams qualified from European National programs
- GSA League: Divizion
- Spain Nationals: Team Heretics
- Nordics Championship: to be determined
- Russian Major League: Winstrike Team
- UK Ireland Nationals: MnM Gaming
- Italy Nationals: MACKO Esports
- French League: BeKind
- Benelux League: Sector One
- Polish Masters: to be determined
- Two teams based on the performance in the Challenger League Season 11:
- The winner of the ECL qualifiers which is yet to be determined
Open Qualifiers for ECL will run at four different dates and teams can sign up for the various date slots:
- Open Qualifier 1 on September 8 and 9 ( Registration link )
- Open Qualifier 2 on September 15 and 16 ( Registration link )
- Open Qualifier 3 on September 19 ( Registration link )
- Open Qualifier 4 on September 20 ( Registration link )
Top four teams from each qualifier will go into the Closed Qualifier on September 22 and 23, eventually determining the winner of the tournament who will qualify for ECL 2020.
ECL itself is planned to kick off on September 25 with the Group Stage which will then see the eight teams that will move up to Challenger League Playoffs that start on October 31. You can check out the details on ECL and Rainbow Six Esports EU on their associated links.