Hot on the tail of the Season 8 launch, PUBG Corp announced a fresh batch of content in 8.2, adding new guns, gear and challenges, all of which are slated for August.
Consoles and Stadia players need not worry here, as the launches are pretty close together. PUBG 8.2 launches on August 19 for PC, and on August 27 for consoles and Stadia. You'll be able to test the update on August 12 on the PC Test Server.
PUBG 8.2's first addition is MG3 Light Machine gun, for which the dev wrote:
"The latest weapon available in Battlegrounds Care Packages is the fast firing MG3 Light Machine Gun. With two different rates of fire, a bipod for stability, tracer rounds to help you keep track of your spray, and increased weapon damage to vehicles, there’s a new reason to fight over the big red box."
- Spawns in Care Packages on all maps, in Normal Matches only
- Not currently available in Ranked Matches
- The MG3 has two firing modes which change the fire rate between 660 rpm and 990 rpm
- Chambered for 7.62mm, holds 75 rounds and has a muzzle velocity of 820 m/s
- 1.25x damage multiplier when shooting vehicles
- Tracer rounds are fired every 5th round, as well as for the final 10 bullets of each magazine, letting you know that ammo is running low.
- Tracer rounds can only be seen by the shooter
- Supports optical attachments up to the 6x Scope
- The MG3 has an attached bipod, deploying automatically when prone to greatly improve weapon stability
Also coming is the Decoy Grenade, a new throwable item that disorients enemies and hopefully covers your movement by making firing sounds for about ten seconds after it has been thrown. It is available as world loot on Sanhok.
As for the new events, PUBG 8.2 marks the return of The Pick 'Em challenge alongside the esports event PCS2. Once the challenge unlocks, guessing the winners of each regional esports tournament in North America, Europe, Asia and Asia-Pacific can earn you celebratory PCS2 items.
PUBG's 8.2 update includes remodelled and retextured M416, SKS and Kar89k, so as to achieve a higher level of visual quality, and the same goes the way they sound.
Last but not least is the Erangel map, which gets for new docks - one at Novorepnoye and the other at Ferry Pier.