People Can Fly's action game Outriders will soon get a larger patch that is currently undergoing rounds of testing. The devs shared this and much more in a new Reddit thread regarding known issues.
Outriders officially launched on April 1, 2021. The devs have, up until now, had a dedicated Reddit thread that was primarily focused on the launch period.
The devs have recently started a fresh thread where they have already shared the state of the game and the steps they plan to take in the coming days.
Where things stand on Friday, April 23
- Inventory Wipe & Character Restoration (
- The work and testing on the restoration process will continue throughout the weekend. The devs hope to provide a clear schedule as soon as possible.
- One heftier patch is currently being tested. Its release is set for "near future".
- More detailed patch notes will be available when the patch goes live. In the meantime, here are some highlights:
- Will fix a number of crashes throughout the game.
- Will fix a number of issues, bugs and crashes associated with multiplayer.
- Will resolve an issue that could cause players to get stuck on the "Sign In" screen.
- Will include lots of resolutions for gear, mod, skill, quest, level & lighting bugs.
- This patch will also address a number of community issues including (but not limited to):
- Difficulty dealing with Snipers.
- Difficulty dealing with excessive knockback from creatures in the Stargrave expedition.
- The 300MB crash dumps left behind on PC.
- Many more things.
The previously mentioned fixes will address a number of issues, bugs and crashes associated with multiplayer.
The team will also look into the player-submitted reports concerning issues in multiplayer.
Balancing, Expeditions, Down-scaling and other key areas of discussion in the community
- These topics are being discussed internally.
- They are fundamental aspects of the game, feedback and considerations for change must be considered over a longer period of time.
- The devs intend to have a conversation about these sides of the Outriders experience in the future.