Dark Souls creator Hidetaka Miyazaki is directing the next Armored Core game, which is set on the planet of Bashtar and features a large, three-dimensional map.
FromSoftware are currently wrapping up the development of Elden Ring but in addition to this highly-anticipated action RPG, the Japanese studio are rumoured to be working on at least another game and that game could be Armored Core.
Last year, we got some rumours about a From Software sci-fi RPG that reportedly started development back in 2018 and today, we have some fresh rumours that support that claim.
ResetEra user Red Liquorice shared a bunch of new info which reportedly comes from a consumer survey about a new Armoured Core game. Before we dive into the leaked details, keep in mind that this is not official info so definitely take it with a grain of salt.
Armoured Core leaked details
The description of the game found in the survey
Boss fight description
- "The boss fight looked quite Soulsy - the long-range gunfire reminded me of Virtua On, that's my frame of reference, I'm not a mech fan and haven't played any AC games."
- "The player character in a white mech went in close to the bigger robot boss and fought with like an energy or laser sword, this looked Souls-style."
The open-world details
"The field gameplay, the player in the same white mech seemed to be following a couple of other players in the distance (co-op?) and they were walking (flying close to the ground maybe) through a snowy area towards either a large wall or gate, this seemed Soulsy too, the vastness of the architecture, but it wasn't a castle more like a worn down metal/stone wall or gate."
Descriptions of the screenshots in the survey
- 1- More snowy area, player character in the air firing down on a street with vehicles below (tanks? cars?)
- 2- A smoke-filled aerial shot with an enemy in the distance.
- 3- A darker green/grey toned area gunfire and light/fire coming from the combat everywhere.
- 4- Snowy area again, ground-based combat against a similar-sized enemy (PVP?)
- 5-8: These four looked like boss fight shots:
- 5 - A bigger humanoid mech, white/grey. Player character has red lights on their mech, on ankles, shoulders and lower back.
- 6 - A huge, tall armoured tank boss.
- 7 - Difficult to make out, player on right, enemy another humanoid mech on left a yellow/gold slash(?) effect I think the player is attacking the enemy with a melee attack.
- 8 - Gunfire battle with a circular yellow effect in front of player character - blocking the gunfire with shields or some attack? Shape and colour reminds me of the Heal miracle in Dark Souls, golden circle.
Now, this is a huge chunk of info about the game and we really have to say that the details got us excited for a brand new Armored Core game. But once again, we will have to wait for the official confirmation before starting a hype train.
That being said, Hidetaka Miyazaki did hint that From Software are already working on a new Armored Core game back in 2017. Since then, we didn't get many details, though, as the team worked hard on other titles including Sekiro and Elden Ring.