Riot Games announced that the Jax rework will launch with patch 13.1. This patch is set to release in January 2023.
In season 12, Riot Games launched a brand-new style of champion upgrade known as a mini-rework or mid-scope update. Riot adjusts the champion's outfit without completely overhauling them with this update. As a consequence, champions in the solo queue can be viable and pleasant to play.
In 2022, many champions had mini-reworks. Tahm Kench and Zeri have undergone major mini-reworks. Furthermore, Riot has announced that numerous League of Legends champions, including Neeko , Rell , and, most notably, Jax, will be getting a mini-rework in the future.
Riot August, League of Legends senior champion designer, stated on Twitter a few weeks ago that Jax will undergo a mini-rework in 2023. Finally, he detailed all of the ability modifications and when the rework would be available on live servers.
Here are all the ability changes that are coming to Jax in 2023:
Q – Leap Strike
- AP Ratio: 60% > removed
E – Counter Strike
- Damage: 55-155 (+50% bonus AD) physical damage > 55-175 + 4% max health (+100% AP) magic damage
- Damage bonus plus attack dodged: 20% of all total damage > 20% of base damage
R – Grandmaster’s Might
- Damage: 100/140/180 (+70% AP) >>> 100-150 (+60% AP)
- Added VFX and SFX when the passive attack is ready
- New Active (With new animations and VFX)
- Jax swings his lantern around him, dealing 150-300 (+100% AP) magic damage to nearby enemies. If he hits an enemy champion, he gains 10-40 (+.1 bonus AD) armor and magic resist, plus 14-22 (+.1 bonus AD) per champion hit for the next 8 seconds. During this time, the passive damage applies every second attack instead of the third
The principle of Jax's new ultimate has not changed, however, the ability has been updated. Only the damage for his ultimate passive has been changed, but the main difference is his active.
He may now deal magic damage instead of only getting magic resist and armor for 8 seconds. If he hits the opponent champion, he receives armor and magic resistance. These adjustments make playing Jax more difficult while also rewarding.