The community has gotten a first look at Valorant's brand new map, Lotus, and there are a lot of different opinions flying around so let's get into it.
Firstly, Lotus is a 3-site map with many tight hallways and corners that flank-watchers can hold. The overall composition of it might make the average Chamber main feel very claustrophobic.
The map features 2 somewhat long site entrances that have been very cleverly adjusted so that angles similar to those of B-Long on Bind and C-Long on Haven cannot occur.
This was done by placing environmental elements in these locations so that camping a peek with an Operator can not be done with ease.
Overall, agents like Neon combined with a Breach perform really well together while agents like Omen, Brimstone, Cypher and Viper have really high potential due to the amount of map control they can gain with their abilities.
Agents like Chamber, Yoru, Jett might not be the best pick due to them needing a lot of space for their abilities to be effective. Additionally, while Chamber's trip has a lot of potential, his TP and Ultimate are pretty useless since there are no long angles to hold and no safe positions to teleport to.
Most Twitch streamers and YouTubers have agreed that the map will introduce a brand new meta of controllers and smokes and the days of Jett and Chamber mains are over.
- Rainbow Six Siege's Flores gets a cool community rework concept
- Escape from Tarkov - How to fix "bad gateway" error
- What is Rainbow Six Siege Vulkan and does it make a difference?
- Battlestate Games Twitch ban incident resurfaces prior to Twitch Drop event
- Riot teases new Valorant map through 3 cryptic videos
- Escape from Tarkov - All Streets of Tarkov extract locations